Teignmouth Cemetery was founded in 1855 and is owned by Teignbridge District Council. Until 1909 its area was divided between East and West Teignmouth and Shaldon.
It is split into two sites by Higher Buckeridge Road. The Old Cemetery lies between this road and Exeter Road. The site also contains a chapel and an ancillary building which are in a dilapidated state and boarded up. The cemetery gives the appearance of having been left untended and is severely overgrown throughout.
There are 25 burials of the 1914-1918 War and a further 24 burials of the 1939-1945 War in this cemetery.