Being a Friend of FOTC means supporting our objectives as detailed in the Constitution.
Support can come in many forms such as:
- Practical ‘gardening’ work in clearing graves and creating garden areas in the cemetery
- Genealogy – tracking the backgrounds of people buried there
- Historical – researching the stories and times of the people buried there, especially if there is a strong historical link with Teignmouth
- Photographic – we would like to create an archive record of the work we do
- Committee – all this needs planning and organising
- Publicity – promoting the organisation, encouraging new members and organising small events on-site
- Fundraising – as work progresses we will need financial assistance so any experience in fundraising or securing grants would be invaluable
- Financial – at an open meeting on 16th March 2017 it was agreed to request
an annual subscription of £5 (to the end of February each year),
although if you would like to contribute a little more that would be most welcome in supporting the work that needs to be done.
Becoming a Friend
If you think you can provide this or any other type of help and would like to be part of an exciting project to revitalise this area you can register to become a Friend by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org giving your name, address, telephone number(s) and email address. If you could also indicate what sort of help you could provide that would be very useful.
How to pay your annual subscription?
- Electronically to the FOTC bank account:
Name: Friends of Teignmouth Cemetery
Sort Code: 60-21-47
A/C No: 58638520
Reference: add your name so we can cross-check against our list
- By cheque to “Friends of Teignmouth Cemetery”.
Please send cheques to: Kay Large, Treasurer FOTC, 1 New Road, Teignmouth, TQ14 8UB
- Or cash, to one of the committee members.
Thanks for your support so far and I hope that together we can transform the Cemetery into a living community space to be enjoyed by all.
(Note: if that email link does not work for you just use the email address directly in your own email system)